from Bertho Grandpied:

--
> Czerno

Fujitsu magneto-optical disks (DynaMO), or at least the bigger ones, now long
out of production, had 2048-byte sectors.

Now the new multi-TB hard drives have 4096-byte physical sectors, at least some
of them try to act as if sector size were 512 bytes.

So any modern OS needs to support at least 4096-byte sectors.

But these hard disks are big, well above the limit or comfort limit of FAT32
file system, but FreeDOS could run in or be able to access a FAT32 partition.

There really needs to be GPT support with hard drives that would have 4096-byte
sectors.

Next step up from 4096 bytes could be 8k, 16k ...

Lack of GPT support is a barrier to my ability to run OSes lacking GPT support,
including FreeDOS, ReactOS and OpenBSD.

I suppose, if I really wanted, I could use an emulator such as VirtualBox, or
possibly NFS.

Tom