Actually, I suspect ibiblio to perform some load balancing on their
servers, so when connecting to ibiblio, we don't land on the same server
every time.

Apparently, they disabled directories indexing on some of their servers,
but not others... I do get this "forbidden" error from time to time
also, since at least a year.

It doesn't mean the files aren't there, only that you can't see the listing.

Mateusz