Hello,
DOSbox is known for not working well with screenreaders. I have tried two of
them (Habla and ASAP) with a real hardware Braille ’n Speak 2000 as a
synthesizer, and both work only in review mode and make the DOS computer emit a
constant buzz from the virtual PC speaker. I recommend using a VMWare virtual
machine or something similar. I have tried running a Windows 3.1 VM and that
works fine, and i’m planning to try FreeDOS in the near future.