Hi Darrin,

> Hi all, Is there a way of creating a rom version of free-dos? I have
> several XT class boards I'd like to make use of without having to
> rely on other media

Actually RayeR has already done that, although not for XT class :-)

http://www.rayer.g6.cz/romos/romose.htm

Note that CPU-power-wise there is not that much making-use-of for
XT mainboards. However, you could always put RomOS in some EPROM
on some ISA network card for your mainboards - or do a net boot!

Cheers, Eric