Hi,

1). What license is this under? (And what license are the songs? What
about any included samples/instruments/etc.?) Preferably it is all
free/libre, e.g. four freedoms (OSI or FSF). I know nobody wants to
think about that, but it's quite important, or some people won't
publicly mirror it!!

2). Why did you use (bloated) DOS4GW? Did you need it or just
accidentally defaulting to it by default? FYI, Causeway is much
smaller (and free-r). You can bind it to the .EXEs directly or just
copy/rename CWSTUB.EXE to DOS4GW.EXE .

3). Although I'm no professional, I heavily improved your makefile.
I'm also still getting warnings about missing prototypes (which you
should probably fix). Also, the resulting .EXEs each differ in two
bytes, but I assume that's just a fluke. (If someone knows why, please
tell me. I don't normally like non-reproducible builds.)

c:\rugxulo\tmp\delme\mmd>fc /b play.ex play.exe
Comparing files play.ex and PLAY.EXE
000037CC: 05 45
000037E4: 03 43

c:\rugxulo\tmp\delme\mmd>fc /b mseq.ex mseq.exe
Comparing files mseq.ex and MSEQ.EXE
000037CC: 05 45
000037E4: 03 43

So here's the new makefile (no tabs needed!):

CC = wcc386
CFLAGS = -bt=dos

LD = wlink
LDFLAGS = op quiet

AR = wlib

#EXTENDER = causeway
EXTENDER = dos4g

all: mseq.exe play.exe .SYMBOLIC

mseq.exe : mseq.obj mmd.lib
  $(LD) $(LDFLAGS) system $(EXTENDER) file $[. library $].
play.exe : play.obj mmd.lib
  $(LD) $(LDFLAGS) system $(EXTENDER) file $[. library $].

mseq.obj : mseq.c mmd.h
  $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $[.
play.obj : play.c mmd.h
  $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $[.