Hi Jack,

On 14/06/2015 08:12, Jack wrote:
> Note also that my support for the old UIDE driver is now TERMINATED,
> due to Rugxulo's continuing "MAD Dog!" GRUDGE against me, that began
> with his following 17-Mar-2015 post on BTTR:

I don't know you, and don't know the details of your history with
Rugxulo (and I'm honestly not interested in knowing them). I understand
that you don't wish to develop your drivers under an open license
anymore, and that's of course your right. I can only be sad about this.
But please stop bringing up your issues with Rugxulo - it's not only a
waste of bandwidth for everyone, but also makes you look, well..
childish. Which I am sure you are not.
Same remarks go to Rugxulo of course - guys, if you don't want to talk
to each other, just don't, but stop involving everyone around in your
"marriage issues".
Jack, it's really sad that you decided to close your drivers away from
the FreeDOS community only because you and Rugxulo don't go along. But
again, it's obviously your perfect right and I totally respect it.

> My drivers ALWAYS work, as they are always CHECKED by Johnson Lam or
> by "Khusraw" (both, if their time allows) before Johnson posts them!

While I don't have any doubts in your remarkable programming skills (far
above whatever I could come up with, for sure!), you must be aware that
there is no software without bugs, and that the fact that your drivers
work for one or two people means only that. There are thousands of
various PC systems out there, with at least as many different software
configurations. You can't possibly know that your software won't break
on one of them. And that's precisely the reason why almost no one is
interested in closed software - even if it works splendidly most of the
time (like your drivers do), because the one time it will fail, there
will be no chance to fix it if you're not around (yes, I know that
someone else fixing low-level DOS drivers is unlikely, but still the
general principle holds).

cheers,
Mateusz