Yes, but in this case I'm not seeing that have any successful case to compare against.

On 6/14/2015 6:01 PM, Roberto Fazzalari wrote:
I use to resolve this kind of problem by monitoring the network traffic; capture the traffic data on the network wen the transaction go well aand when not and compare it, in this way you can understand more, in the past i use to do in this way to resolv problems.

    On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 12:32 PM, John Hupp
    <free...@prpcompany.com <mailto:free...@prpcompany.com>> wrote:

    > I installed MS-DOS Network Client, which successfully
    initializes with
    > TCP/IP via DHCP.
    >
    > But when I try "net use z: \\server\share" and enter the
    password (with
    > a user name that matches the Win Vista peer server account), I get
    > "Error 5: Access has been denied."
    > Linux machines on the LAN connect to the server OK with the same
    account.

    > I tried disabling SMB2 via a registry entry ... but this made no
    difference.

    > Anyone know how to fix this?

    Don't use Vista ... "just use Linux!"   :-))

    (Seriously, it's not wrong to dual boot. I know you want to use DOS,
    which is fine, but you really might have better luck with
    ZipSlack/Slackware 11.0 [2006] atop UMSDOS:
    ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-11.0/zipslack/ )