I'm just using the BIOS keyboard driver (not running KEYB) with a US
layout keyboard.

What I'm trying to do: In Edit, for instance, R-Alt + F does not open
the File menu, and R-Alt + X does not exit the program.  I want it to do
those things just as L-Alt + F and L-Alt + X do, because those L-Alt key
combinations are awkward for a touch typist.