Em Tue, 25 Aug 2015 19:58:10 +0200
Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste.fr> escreveu:

> I think what Tom is saying (and to what I totally agree), is that
> without an internet connection, and a modern browser, a DOS user has
> no chance to even run the program (because of the password).

This is easy to overcome.  We could just include a 'README' file
mirroring the homepage contents within the distributed software
package.

> Further 'game' is compromised as well, since there is no way to know
> what one is supposed to type in the shell.

Believe you or not, that's a major feature of the game. ;-) Moreover,
there is a way to know: it's free software --- the source code is
available.

> I understand there might be some bigger concept somewhere in the
> background, but a game must be - well - playable. Terminal Matrix, as
> well coded as it might be, is simply not targeted to a general
> audience.

I see.

> Have anyone other than you actually played this game?

In the net abroad, not that I'm aware about.  However, I've just
published it, and it didn't get much promotion yet.  I expect that as
the program get distributed and more people get to know it, the number
of effective players will increase.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/

GNU maintainer: ccd2cue
DMOZ free software editor (Portuguese)
UFU FAMAT PET member

[GNU DISCLAIMER] I'm a GNU hacker, but my views don't necessarily
match those of the GNU project.  Hereby I express my own opinion,
style and perception, in good faith, aiming the betterment of GNU.