Hi,

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Marlon Ng <guik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Which Windows version? ("winver") Or did you already mention that in a
> previous email?"
>
> --- It's Windows 7, 32 bit

Okay, so you do have (limited) NTVDM, but that won't really help you
here (except as host OS for RUFUS).

> What I want to do is install FreeDOS in a partition of a hard drive using a
> flash drive, which is the same way I would install a Linux distribution
> operating system, that is, using Unetbootin.
>
> I've been unsuccessful thus far.  Have you tried it yourself?

No, not lately, because I already have FreeDOS installed. I do
sometimes use bootable USB with (minimal, not full 1.1) FreeDOS, which
was made by RUFUS. But I'm pretty sure RUFUS can also use the
fd11src.iso and boot from that too. That is presumably what will work
for you.

> --- It's crazy, but I just want to know that it's possible to install
> freedos to hard drive partition using a flash drive.  I'm not content with
> knowing how to install using a CD. haha.  No biggie.  I'll try again with
> RUFUS.  Thanks!

Yes, please try RUFUS with fd11src.iso, and tell us if/why it doesn't
work. What does "fdisk /status" say?