Mateusz, the packet driver works very well on my PCI Intel card but not on
my onboard, I have googled myself crazy searching for a working packet
driver. Linux had a problem with this card  a few years back and the result
was a special e1000e driver, but I have no idea how to recompile it (is is
even possible?) to work in DOS/FreeDOS

Eric, I have bought 3 PCIe sound cards advertised as DOS/SB compatible and
none have worked. Perhaps we need a list of working PCIe cards?

I have a MB bookmarked on ebay, maybe I should take on a winter project and
build my own machine?