Hi,

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 1:51 PM, Dr.Csatlócki István
<csat...@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone !

Merry Christmas.

> I installed a FreeDOS1.1 sytsem to a HP250G1 notebook's SSD's first fat32ext
> LBA partition, behind Home Windows10 64bit and Linux Mint 64-bit Rosa was
> also provided (this is due to the grub2).
>
> Here is the fdconfig.sys:
>
> MENU 1 - Load FreeDOS with JEMMEX, no EMS (most UMBs), max RAM free
> MENU 2 - Load FreeDOS with EMM386 (Expanded Memory) and SHARE loaded
> MENU 3 - Load FreeDOS including XMGR XMS-memory driver
>
> 1?DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\JEMMEX.EXE NOEMS X=TEST I=TEST NOVME NOINVLPG
>
> 2?DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\HIMEMX.EXE
> 2?DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\JEMM386.EXE X=TEST I=TEST I=B000-B7FF NOVME NOINVLPG
>
> 3?DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\XMGR.SYS
>
> If  I choose option 1 (jemmex), then the ctrl-alt-del will not work
> correctly. The system is hanging , the cursor is blinking but does not
> restart the system.
>
> How can this be improved?

I take it that this means that the other ways to boot work fine? If
you don't desperately, crucially need to save low conventional RAM,
then you don't need UMBs (or JEMM). You're certainly not using EMS
here.

JEMMEX is just HIMEMX + JEMM386 anyways, so if option #2 works fine,
then stick with that. But I reiterate my caveat above.

I personally don't load EMM386 at all anymore due to rare software
quirks. It's not that useful except in rare circumstances. And in that
case, "JEMM386 LOAD" (and "UNLOAD") let me load it at will (although
of course not using UMBs) for the few apps that need it.

So I stick to "XMS only" for the most part. But it depends on what
apps you're trying to run. (BTW, I think NOVME NOINVLPG are only for
buggy emulators, your cpu is certainly new enough to natively support
those correctly!)