Hi Alain,

sorry for my late response. I downloaded your VM on the day you talked about it
here on this list and tested it in VirtualBox.

I found it really interesting. Thank you very much for your work. Lubuntu
started very fast and the integration of Dosemu and FreeDOS looks interesting.
Do you have any notices or tutorial how you adept your Lubuntu for your special
distro?

I have a similar project but I use a dual boot FreeDOS  and TinyCore Linux and
in TinyCore I use Dosbox to get access to the FreeDOS  partition.

After I saw your version I am thinking about to change TinyCore with your
adepted Lubuntu. But I am not sure about the Linux kernel in Lubuntu because
Canonical thinks about to use a 64 bit kernel only in the near future and some
current  kernel had problems with non PAE CPUs. Maybe Debian or a derivat like
Knoppix is the better choice? But how I said I am not sure.

And sometimes I am thinking about using a different OS than Linux,  maybe
FreeBSD with FreeDOS? ;-)
Or ReactOS and FreeDOS, so FreeDOS can support ReactOS where it has problems
and ReactOS can use 32bit hardware on the installed computer, if the Windows
driver is working.

We will see.

Best regards
Christian

Am Mi. Dez. 30 19:33:39 2015 GMT+0100 schrieb Alain Mouette:
> ???
> I just made this experimental in a VirtualBox VM and it arouse no
> interest here...
>
> Alain
>
> On 30-12-2015 14:47, Aitor SantamarĂ­a wrote:
> > +1   to this idea....
> >

> > On 9 January 2013 at 20:54, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org
> > <mailto:jh...@freedos.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     >> A hypervisor that can run dosbox and make modern hardware work
> >     >> with old dos programs anyone?  How about dosbox running on a
> >     Pentium 133
> >     >> or a Pentium 166 machine with 16 megs of ram?
> >     >
> >     > Insufficient demand to justify the effort.
> >

> >     There may not be a lot of demand, but I see it as an interesting hack
> >     for someone to try.
> >
> >     Actually, I proposed something like that a few years ago: create a
> >     custom Linux "spin" (mini-distribution) that boots a minimal
> >     environment, and starts up DOSEmu on virtual console 1, immediately
> >     booting a copy of FreeDOS. Maybe you can even provide the option to
> >     start additional DOSEmu+FreeDOS instances on the other virtual
> >     consoles, just by connecting to them and "logging in" (probably by
> >     pressing Enter).
> >     http://www.freedos.org/jhall/blog/?id=20090422-143518
> >
> >     I don't know if it's possible to run multiple console DOSEmu instances
> >     on the same box, since I've only ever tried to run one (and XDOSEmu at
> >     that). Yes, that's overkill for booting DOS on a modern computer, but
> >     an interesting idea.

Gesendet von meinem Jolla