Hello Loius,

> On Feb 22, 2016, at 4:04 AM, Louis Santillan <lpsan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I did my testing.  I guess I misremembered.  MS-DOS 6.22 [0]
> handles the MBR that same way as FDI [1] does. :/  Shame, but I think
> this is one place where FDI could do better.
>

> [0] https://youtu.be/etnVOlW23XE
> [1] https://youtu.be/zKcCVZH7q3s

This is a known problem that has been undergoing consideration on how best to
resolve the issue. The SYS command used by the installer does not force an
overwrite of the old boot code in the MBR. This would damage the boot loader of
a multi boot system. However, this seems to cause at least as many problems as
it solves.

At present, the current thinking is to backup the MBR and push a new one
regardless of the current MBR.