Hello Don,

> Are you ready for a chuckle? My server drive is mapped to F:  - the same as
> the CDROM drive assignment . LOL
> no worries - I will modify it on my end.

Well, you’ll probably like this then.

If you have correctly configured FDNPKG.CFG. And basically, have switched to a
package based FreeDOS system. You could more or less stick in some REPO media
and run fdimples /update, then select OK and it will remove and then install
updated packages through FDINST. This would get a little tricky if you booted
from the FDI media and want to install packages to C:. To do that, I would
recommend setting the DOSDIR to the system DOS dir. The backing up the
FDNPKG.CFG, like to FDNPKG.OLD. The running type FDNPKG.OLD | vstr /u /b /s C:\
D:\ >FDNPKG.CFG. That  basically has vstr convert input to uppercase, strip out
blank lines and replace all “C:\” with “D:\”

FDIMPLES does all kinds of stuff. It is really nice for browsing the packages
on the FDI USB image.

:-)

Thanks, Jerome