I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to install FreeDOS on
Mac and, if it was possible, had instructions for how to do so.

I have a MacPro Mid 2012 and am running El Capitan. I have an internal 250gb HD
which I can wholly dedicate to this purpose and can prepare it however I would
need to.

I did find a couple of sets of instructions:

http://randomcomputerbits.blogspot.com/2008/02/tutorial-installing-freedos-on-intel.html
http://freedos.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/VirtualBox_-_Chapter_5

What I am able to do is create a bootable DVD from the FreeDOS iso and boot
from that on my Mac. However, when I get to the point of installing the FreeDOS
kernel, the FreeDOS installer presents me with and error and tells me that it
has failed.