from Don Flowers:

> I use a custom kernel and found that on the USB image the system files are
> hidden and read only. I used ATTRIB -R -S -H and then SYS with no problem.

I thought SYS knew the system files were hidden and read-only, as was also true
with MS-DOS.

Do I just run ATTRIB -R -S -H
or do I need to specify which files as arguments to ATTRIB?

I have a USB-stick installation of FreeDOS 1.1 where Syslinux boots FreeDOS,
but many of the files in that package are out of sync, so I can't use this
Syslinux to boot other things.

Maybe I could if I overwrote these files with a newer Syslinux built on Linux
or FreeBSD, but now it makes more sense to wait for FreeDOS 1.2 or use a
preview.

For Syslinux, I could also possibly install a Linux toolchain on a USB stick
and use extlinux.

I see System Rescue CD still uses syslinux-4.07

http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/Detailed-packages-list

Tom