I'm curious; do you have a removable hard drive?
If you do you might do it the way I do. I replace the
hard drive with CF flash chips. Each chip has a
different OS. I can run anything from dos to win 7
by just replacing the chip. Your computer is probably
too new for this to work. Works well on old machines.
There would be no chance of FREEDOS damaging
your main OS this way. Just a thought.

cheers
DS

>From Dale Sterner - MS organic chemistry