I have made a small video to show my issue with freedos 1.2 and syslinux. After
installing it freedos does not boot because it is looking for kernel.sys in
c:\fdos\bin\ were there is no such file. Also it seems to be only looking for
files in c:\ and kernl386.sys renamed and copied to c:\ is not fully working.
Please, watch the video and tell me what or where kernel.sys should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH0pMANR5ZU

Otherwise booting into kolibri os works like a charme with this method!