Hi,

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 6:11 AM, Wolfgang ANdreas Heisele
<aheis...@web.de> wrote:

> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2017 um 20:08 Uhr
>
> Von: "Wolfgang ANdreas Heisele" <aheis...@web.de>
> An: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: Freedos 1.2 Network with fix ip
>
> the howtos from pre 1.2 do not seem to work for 1.2. How and what configs
> need to be changed to get a fixed ip adress in freedos 1.2?
>
> Did someone have a look into why syslinux boot does not work when installing?
>

> I tried to comment out the dhcp.exe, but it did not work. Somehow another
> conifg file must start it at boot up so my changes in the config file are
> overwritten.
> Would be helpfull if someone can make a list off where the network start up
> files are launched and which config file should be changed.

I'm not intimately familiar with how FD 1.2's config files are set up, but ....

Everything initially starts from C:\FDCONFIG.SYS , even
C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT (SHELL=... /P:) , so you can inspect or edit that
manually, or single step (F8) at startup.

A quick "xgrep -ri dhcp \*.bat" shows "\FDOS\BIN\fdnet.bat" as the culprit.

A quicker "xgrep -ri fdnet \*.bat" shows "\autoexec.bat".

"dir /s/a-d/b \dhcp.exe" shows two binaries:  under both
"C:\FDOS\NETWORK\" and "C:\MTCP\".

Okay?