Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 12:43 AM
From: "Louis Santillan" <lpsan...@gmail.com>
To: "Discussion and general questions about FreeDOS." <freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] verification checksums should be served over https
I would not be lured into a false sense of security provided by
browser makers and their insistence that the safest form of browsing
is over HTTPS. You can still be easily MITM'd with captive portals,
gateway content inspection/injection, DNS forgery, via proxy content
injection, your ad blocker or browser extensions profile and probably
another half dozen easily implemented exploits. Heck, your browser
can even become part of the MITM exploit.

I'll intentionally misquote a saying I've heard about rules & law;
"[Encryption standards] aren't made to keep the bad guys out; they're
made to keep the good guys in."