On 1/20/2017 1:24 PM, Eric Auer wrote:
> Hi Ira,
>
> if FDAPM APMDOS slows down your FreeDOS (on which hardware?
> or in which environment, if not on bare physical hardware?)
> then you can try FDAPM ADV:REG instead, as APMDOS defaults
> to ADV:MAX which might be "overdoing" the energy savings in
> certain situations.
The problem is just to load everything and the kitchen sink by default,
regardless if needed or not. FDAPM is not necessary to run FreeDOS, it's
an add-on gimmick to enable certain power saving/management features
including throttling the CPU. If you don't need that, don't use it.
Beside that the last APM spec (v1.2) is now 20 years old and for at
least 19 years superseded by ACPI and I am not sure if FDAPM does
support those newer specs, while it is quite possible that a newer
BIOS/motherboard does not properly support the old APM specs to begin
with...

Ralf

---