No bad sectors. I tried two different freshly formatted disks and ran scandisk
on them just to be sure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.
  Original Message
From: Felix Miata
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:30 PM
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Reply To: Discussion and general questions about FreeDOS.
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] boot floppy disk image too big for a disk

Dennis Fenton composed on 2017-03-23 20:32 (UTC-0500):

> After some research I decided FreeDOS would be a good replacement for
> MS-DOS 6.22 on an old 486 I'm playing with.
> I downloaded and burned to CD the iso. I also downloaded the boot
> floppy disk image because the old 486 will not boot from the external
> SCSI CD drive.
> To my dismay I found that the boot disk image is too big to fit on a
> 1.44 floppy.

How much "too big"? Is it because your floppy has bad sectors. Floppies without
bad sectors are rather uncommon around here. For this reason I try to avoid
image writes, which demand all sectors in the media's spec be usable, and a
format that worked once may well be that last the media will accept without
error.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/