I have a couple of Lenovo T61 laptops that seem to be very picky about what
they'll boot off a disc. The latest Hiren's, FalconFour, MS DaRT 5, ERD
Commander - they are all based on Windows XP PE and they start to load and just
stop. I also tried Ubuntu and Lubuntu. They get to a certain point and the
laptops reset. Odd thing about that is the older one of the two came with XP.
The newer one had Vista.

They will boot the BIOS update CD (but I need good batteries to actually flash
the updates) and I installed Windows 10 on one.
Haven't tried booting a FreeDOS CD yet. I should try that just to see if they
reject that OS too.