From: Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com>

--===============8361226103491232573==

--94eb2c12356e968e12053b031082

Hi,

On Aug 26, 2016 7:35 PM, "Louis Santillan" <lpsan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feed.  I realized the issue redirection as soon as
> Ulrich mentioned it.  Is it possible this is a bug wrt how FD
> Command.com handles REM statements?  Obviously my expectation was that
> REM was a true comment and not some pseudo NOP command that ignores
> its arguments, allowing the redirection to continue to be processed by
> the %SHELL%.   I'll fix this up tonight and also test against my MS
> DOS VM.  Thanks for the fix suggestion as well Rugxulo.

No, IIRC, all major DOS shells have this quirk (maybe not XP's CMD, can't
remember). So you can create a zero-byte file with "REM >blah", if needed.

I know, it's absurd and useless, not a great idea to rely on it. Like I
said, you can avoid the issue with careful use of "::" when necessary ( > <
| ). On the bright side, you save a whole byte per line!  :-)

--94eb2c12356e968e12053b031082

href="mailto:lpsan...@gmail.com";>lpsan...@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Thanks for the feed.-a I realized the issue redirection as soon as<br>
&gt; Ulrich mentioned it.-a Is it possible this is a bug wrt how FD<br>
&gt; Command.com handles REM statements?-a Obviously my expectation was
that<br>
&gt; REM was a true comment and not some pseudo NOP command that ignores<br>
&gt; its arguments, allowing the redirection to continue to be processed
by<br>
&gt; the %SHELL%.-a -aI&#39;ll fix this up tonight and also test against my
MS<br>
&gt; DOS VM.-a Thanks for the fix suggestion as well Rugxulo.</p>
can&#39;t remember). So you can create a zero-byte file with &quot;REM
&gt;blah&quot;, if needed.</p>
said, you can avoid the issue with careful use of &quot;::&quot; when necessary
( &gt; &lt; | ). On the bright side, you save a whole byte per line!-a :-) </p>

--94eb2c12356e968e12053b031082--

--===============8361226103491232573==

--===============8361226103491232573==--

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net