From: Simon Atkinson <simonatkin...@operamail.com>

--===============5531851963588913128==

--94eb2c07c972caa522053fefda2e

Hi there

I presume that FreeDOS, like other versions of DOS, will run on an
8086-based system.... or have I missed something?

I have tried to boot FreeDOS on a IBM PS/2 Model 30 (8086 CPU and standard
8-bit ISA and version with a 1.44MB floppy drive), but have had little luck.

The boot disks I created for MSDOS5.0 and OpenDOS 7.01 and DRDOS7.02 work
fine rCo dropping me into the DOS prompt. I can then use their respective
versions of FDISK to see to the installed 20MB hard disk etc. These boot
disks also work fine if the hard disk is removed allowing me to run the
respective version of DOS from the floppy.

However, FreeDOS doesnrCOt boot at all! IrCOm puzzled... IrCOve tried simple
boot
disks that I have created based on FreeDOS 1.1 and 1.2, but no luck. For
1.2, for example, I just get a series of dots and the word rCLERROR!rCY When I
have tried FreeDOS 1.1, with the hard disk in place, it boots to the point
where it list the hard diskrCOs CHS geometry and then just hangs....

Any ideas?

Simon
====>

[...]

--===============5531851963588913128==--

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net