From: Simon Atkinson <simonatkin...@operamail.com>

--===============1263012890708526426==

--94eb2c123f12dac48f05432642a8

Thanks Louis Santillan, userbeitrag, Andy Stamp, Mateusz Viste and Jerome
E. Shidel Jr. for your comments and help .... will investigate further and
post results shortly....

Simon
====>

On 28 October 2016 at 18:04, Simon Atkinson <simonatkin...@operamail.com>
wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I presume that FreeDOS, like other versions of DOS, will run on an
> 8086-based system.... or have I missed something?
>
> I have tried to boot FreeDOS on a IBM PS/2 Model 30 (8086 CPU and standard
> 8-bit ISA and version with a 1.44MB floppy drive), but have had little luck.
>
> The boot disks I created for MSDOS5.0 and OpenDOS 7.01 and DRDOS7.02 work
> fine rCo dropping me into the DOS prompt. I can then use their respective
> versions of FDISK to see to the installed 20MB hard disk etc. These boot
> disks also work fine if the hard disk is removed allowing me to run the
> respective version of DOS from the floppy.
>
> However, FreeDOS doesnrCOt boot at all! IrCOm puzzled... IrCOve tried simple
> boot disks that I have created based on FreeDOS 1.1 and 1.2, but no luck.
> For 1.2, for example, I just get a series of dots and the word rCLERROR!rCY
> When I have tried FreeDOS 1.1, with the hard disk in place, it boots to the
> point where it list the hard diskrCOs CHS geometry and then just hangs....
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Simon
> ====>

--94eb2c123f12dac48f05432642a8

Viste and Jerome E. Shidel Jr. for your comments and help .... will investigate
further and post results
class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On 28 October 2016 at 18:04,
Simon Atkinson <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:simonatkin...@operamail.com";
target="_blank">simonatkin...@operamail.com</a>&gt;</span>
wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px
0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-style
solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div>Hi
DOS, will run on an 8086-based system.... or have I missed
Model 30 (8086 CPU and standard 8-bit ISA and version with a 1.44MB floppy
created for MSDOS5.0 and OpenDOS 7.01 and DRDOS7.02 work fine rCo dropping me
into the DOS prompt. I can then use their respective versions of FDISK to see
to the installed 20MB hard disk etc. These boot disks also work fine if the
hard disk is removed allowing me to run the respective version of DOS from the
puzzled... IrCOve tried simple boot disks that I have created based on FreeDOS
1.1 and 1.2, but no luck. For 1.2, for example, I just get a series of dots and
the word rCLERROR!rCY When I have tried FreeDOS 1.1, with the hard disk in
place, it boots to the point where it list the hard diskrCOs CHS geometry and

--94eb2c123f12dac48f05432642a8--

--===============1263012890708526426==

Training and support from Colfax.

--===============1263012890708526426==--

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net