From: dmccunney <dennis.mccun...@gmail.com>

On Sun, Jan 1, 2017 at 8:48 PM,  <userbeit...@abwesend.de> wrote:
> On 2017-01-01 22:27, dmccunney wrote:
>>> I don't really expect help here. It is just a message to get the
>>> understand for why I cannot load FreeDOS onto a floppy at this time.
>> With proper knowledge, I suspect you could.
>
> I know that this USB floppy drive has worked. I was successfully reading
> a disk that I needed an image of under Linux. But I also know that a
> disk, that had worked in another PC with a classic floppy drive
> (connected to the FD port on the motherboard), had the same errors using
> the USB floppy drive.
>
> I don't know. It's prooven that it does work -- sometimes. It's also
> prooven that some disks give access errors all the way unter Linux.
> Honestly, I have no idea.

Take a variable out of the equation.  Start with a fresh, new floppy
disk.  Don't try to reuse an ancient one that may be failing due to
age.

Floppies are still made and should be findable.

> Userbeitrag.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net