This message was from MATEUSZ VISTE to ALL,
and was forwarded to you by MIKE POWELL.
                    -------------------------
From: Mateusz Viste <mate...@nospam.viste.fr>

Hi all,

I write this short announcement to present an alpha version of a new
software I have been creating these past weeks. EtherDFS is an
"installable filesystem" for DOS. It installs a network drive that is
seen like any "normal" drive to DOS and its application, with the
exception that the actual data is located on a server. The server part is
called EtherSRV and currently only a Linux version of it exists. EtherDFS
uses raw ethernet frames to communicate with EtherSRV - this means only a
working packet driver is required, nothing else.

More information on the project's homepage:
http://etherdfs.sourceforge.net

I cannot stress enough the fact that this is an alpha version - it's in a
very early stage, and lots is to be done yet. It does work however, and
seems stable enough so it shouldn't make your PC explode. Its memory
footprint is quite huge for now, since its resident size is of 16 KiB.
Future versions will surely improve on that. Also, it *should* work with
MSDOS 5+, but I tested it only with FreeDOS so far.

___ Internet Rex 2.29

* Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (276:10/901)
---
 * SLMR 2.1a * "Don't touch me...I'll wound your inner child!" - Beavis

--- GTMail 1.26
 * Origin: CCO BBS * 1-502-875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net (276:10/22.0)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net