I use QEMU, but emulating SoundBlaster16, same as you describe. Sounds
works fine here. Check your values.

I use this:
BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330

On Jun 13, 2017 9:23 PM, "Joel Graff" <monograf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm working on setting up a FreeDOS 1.2 VM in VirtualBox.  I've selected
the SoundBlaster16 / PluseAudio pairing in the audio settings, but have not
been able to get audio working on some old DOS games.

I'm running Linux Mint 18.1, VirtualBox 5.0.4, and FreeDOS 1.2

I have the soundblaster environment variable defined in autoexec.bat.  Do I
need to be loading a .SYS driver in FDCONFIG.SYS?

*Joel Graff, P.E.*

*LinkedIn:* https://www.linkedin.com/in/joelcgraff