Hi again,

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> SmallerC is very standards compliant.
> (Great, I swear MS Security Essentials or whatever just deleted my .ZIP,
> sigh!)

Just to clarify, the existing PE/EXE binaries are (IMHO, falsely)
flagged via bad "heuristics" as a "generic" virus. This kind of false
positive is extremely common in PE/Win32 tools. So anything slightly
atypical flags because they are overzealous. Note that it only takes a
few false flags to poison the well. So even if some antiviruses are
better than others, it still looks bad. But again, this is a very
common problem that I've experienced dozens of times over the years,
always due to innocuous, third-party (PE/Win32) compiler and assembler
tools.

The DOS (and other non-Windows) binaries don't seem to be flagged
here. A .ZIP of DOS-only .EXEs gives me "0/59" (false) positives on
VirusTotal.

So let's not worry over nothing. I know no one complained (yet), but
I'm being proactive here and defusing the situation.  :-)