On 11/13/2017 3:34 PM, Rugxulo wrote:
Hi again,

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:
SmallerC is very standards compliant.
(Great, I swear MS Security Essentials or whatever just deleted my .ZIP, sigh!)
Just to clarify, the existing PE/EXE binaries are (IMHO, falsely)
flagged via bad "heuristics" as a "generic" virus. This kind of false
positive is extremely common in PE/Win32 tools. So anything slightly
atypical flags because they are overzealous. Note that it only takes a
few false flags to poison the well. So even if some antiviruses are
better than others, it still looks bad. But again, this is a very
common problem that I've experienced dozens of times over the years,
always due to innocuous, third-party (PE/Win32) compiler and assembler
tools.

The DOS (and other non-Windows) binaries don't seem to be flagged
here. A .ZIP of DOS-only .EXEs gives me "0/59" (false) positives on
VirusTotal.

So let's not worry over nothing. I know no one complained (yet), but
I'm being proactive here and defusing the situation.  :-)

Hi!

I appreciate that! I wonder if that also happens with the exes/zipfiles that come from desmet-c.com too?

I appreciate knowing what's going on. Github complained when I tried to upload the source and other files, but I can try using a traditional git client instead.

I haven't really used this compiler myself (I believe I found it either from osdev.org or a thread on hacker news; but I don't remember) so I'm not sure if it's self-hosting or not. I assume it is.

Any way it goes, I'll take a shot at figuring out how to compile the source but it won't be tomorrow. After I have that worked out, I'll upload a Proper git tree vi linux.

Thanks!
-Random