Hi,

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Robert Riebisch <r...@bttr-software.de> wrote:

>> For anyone relatively new to the FreeDOS email lists, Jack's drivers come up
>> every once in a while.

It's mainly because he obsessively updates them, and he craves
attention (despite being banned), even though he doesn't even use
"FleaDOS" (as he calls us)!

Also, some few misguided people keep recommending the drivers to us,
even if they are (now, unfairly) closed source! (Why??)

>> Jack writes good code

Yes and no.

"Mar-05" (2015) seems to basically works fine ... not that he was kind
enough to tell us about that "release". I only found it by checking
his friend's DropBox. So we were still only mirroring the Oct-whatever
(2014) version because he made so many laborious stipulations
(paraphrased, "don't mirror unless I can announce it myself via
freedos-user!"). March 5th was when he explicitly "gave up" (on
FreeDOS, SF.net, x86 PCs!) just to get me to leave him alone.

Even though I had spent months trying to get him to resolve (well,
workaround) his SF.net certificate issue (which you, Jim, created a
bug ticket for on SF.net since he directly emailed both of us
privately [Nov. 13, 2014] to help him!), he still wasn't happy.

https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/9091/

And yet he later emailed me privately (March 12 [sic]), telling me to
also mirror iBiblio the new "Mar-18" since "Mar-05" had "magically
appeared" without announcement. But that later one wouldn't boot for
me anymore.

Jim, on March 14 [sic], 2015, I emailed you explaining this:

"So now I downloaded [Mar-18 drivers], but for whatever reason, my
system didn't boot correctly.
I was too busy to try to figure out why, so I just assumed it was a
regression and reverted.
(Remember, Jack doesn't use FreeDOS, and I have no idea if his
'testers' [if anybody left:
Johnson? Khusraw?] reliably tests every minor release.)"