Hi guys,

(still lurking but not a lot of time... over the past years)

I'll be at FOSDEM for work related purposes (HPC devroom). Since I'll
be there anyway I submitted a proposal for Retrocomputing to talk
about DOSEMU and FreeDOS.
One exciting development that somehow was missed is that there is
finally a GCC port with support for far pointers
(https://github.com/tkchia/gcc-ia16/). I have been able to compile the
FD kernel with it and run the result, though it needs various changes.
I would have never guessed in 2000 that this would be possible in 2017!

I'll be in touch with you Jim if my proposal gets accepted; I am not
sure if for retrocomputing the deadline was extended or not (for the
HPC devroom it is today).

Bart