Hi Christian,

 I've followed all information on Dell page for Linux users, I've created
5+ different types of images with freedos, using at least 3 different
freedos versions, etc, etc. I also followed some additional information on
Ubuntu wiki pages as well as on Arch Linux user forums.

 It doesn't matter which of the above process I use, when it come to
FreeDOS prompt, the result is the same: "Test." and nothing else.

 It seems that FreeDOS is not able to run these executables, at least in my
Inspiron 7520 (15SE).

 I took special care when downloading the BIOS update files, checking all
md5sums, etc.

 My next try will be a Windows PE iso image from someone called Gandalf (
https://downloads.sayrodigital.com/winpe-7/). It seems that Windows PE can
run these executables.

 Thanks for your help.

 Best regards

--
*Mario O.de Menezes, Ph.D.*
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but is the Lord's purpose that