THANK YOU, AGAIN.

 From: "??????? ???????????" <giorgos...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2018 9:43 AM
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] default screen colors.

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 09:50:27 -0800
> From: "Raul Salas" <atmyd...@aceweb.com>
>

> Can anybody tell me how to change the default color of my FREEDOS scrren
> from BLACK background with WHITE text TO
>
> BLUE bACKGROUND WITH white TEXT. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Do you mean the entire DOS screen, or just the DOS prompt?

1) For the entire screen:
Add at your FDCONFIG.SYS an entry like:

DEVICE=\SYSTEM\DRV\NANSI.SYS

(pointing to the location where NANSI.SYS lives).

and another one:

SET PROMPT=$e[37;44m$P$G

(which sets the foreground color to 37 (white) and the background to 44 (blue)).

After adding these 2 lines save and restart.

2) If you need trying other colors as well, here's an excerpt from NANSI.DOC:

30-37 foreground black/red/green/yellow/blue/magenta/cyan/white
40-47 background black/red/green/yellow/blue/magenta/cyan/white

Giorgos.