On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 2:12 PM, Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
> I don?t readily have access to a gopher client.
> Did you put together a complete FreeDOS package for your driver? Or, is only
> your driver available?

There's an online proxy at http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher (insert
rant about modern web browsers). E100PKT is a complete FreeDOS package.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 1:18 PM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
> Excellent! I've mirrored this to ibiblio:
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/net/e100pkt/
>
> I'll write a news item about it for the website.

Thanks!

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 15:10:26 -0800 Louis Santillan wrote:
> Which NIC is this?  An Intel chip?  I'm really surprised that something
> from crynwr [0], sioux [1], or dunfield didn't work [2].
>
> [0] http://www.crynwr.com/drivers/00index.html
> [1] http://www.georgpotthast.de/sioux/packet.htm
> [2] http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/dos/pktdrv.zip

Intel has an NDIS driver for DOS[1], but it's closed-source. Worse, it
doesn't even run on DOS (I guess the DOS driver is inside a
self-extracting exe that requires Windows?).

Intel also links to Russ Nelson's e100b11b[2]. I got it to load by adding
my device id to its list, but all the mTCP programs failed with an ARP
timeout.

There's an update I didn't know about- e100b11c[3]. After adding my
device id to its list, it worked! I'll add the new device ids to it and
relegate E100PKT as a NASM-compatible packet driver skeleton and
learning tool. I just have to ask Russ Nelson what license it falls
under- it doesn't contain a license file, and the information that is
in there is contradictory.

[1] https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/4239/
[2] http://crynwr.com/drivers/e100b11b.zip
[3] http://crynwr.com/drivers/e100b11c.zip