BOOTMGR looks like a good candidate, Rugxulo. Boot US seems good too...
I'll have to think about it more.

I'm putting this project on a *very* temporary hold, though. I'll work on
it some more after a few days.

Thankfully, Jan, real DOS would not be a problem, given I have all three
MSDOS 6.22 installation floppy images on my USB flash drive that I store
floppy images on and of course Win98 bootdisks on there as well, if needed.