The situation is not looking good. Are you still able to copy or create files on the drive letter that you booted from?

There are two DOS programs, MS Interlink and Laplink, that could self-copy from one DOS PC to another through the serial port. But here's the kicker: the target PC has to be able to execute the MODE command to configure its serial port. How would you get the MODE utility? Well, now we are back to typing in a program with the keyboard, that is if it didn't lose the ability to create files when the USB stick was removed/reinserted. (I'm assuming you don't have the DEBUG program either.) So if you seriously want to try that, I would suggest going to comp.lang.asm.x86 and ask for instructions on how to use the program described in the recent thread "Hex to bin"

What about doing it without the MODE command? By using some COPY COM1 commands and another PC with a terminal program it might be possible to discover the port's current settings. Of course, if they differ from the ones that Interlnk or Laplink were designed to use then you wouldn't be able to use those programs. In theory, you could write your own program that did the same thing. In practice, it might be time to give up and try rebooting...