Some people think if you enable 'InDOSPolling=TRUE' in your Sysystem.ini file and then run "Wndows\System\Dosx.exe" it will work but that gives me an error along the lines of "Can't load display.drv". It happens even if I use VGA. Anyone know anything about this?

What I said recently:

    As a temporary work around I got SVGA(800x600 with 256 colors) by
    patching the bult-in SVGA driver to work on more hardware (unofficially
    patches are available online). I used the Sound Blaster Pro emulator
    built into my sound card to load Sound Blaster Pro drivers and use that
    for playback.