Hi,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 6:02 AM, David McMackins <cont...@mcmackins.org> wrote:

> I will look into Net-Tamer and Procom. Telix was the software I had
> found the defunct website for. I'm not sure if I want to trust a mirror.

Try looking here:

* http://www.bttr-software.de/freesoft/comm1.htm

Eric Auer also wrote a simple terminal program years ago, but I'm
afraid I never tried it (and probably wouldn't know how!):

* https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/net/terminal/
* https://www.auersoft.eu/soft/

(Not exactly sure which exact version is latest / best, either! 2005?
2007? Does iBiblio not have the latest? Argh, dunno!)

There's also a 2015 thread on Vintage Computer Forum titled "Best
terminal program for DOS / 8086?" with some interesting suggestions:

* http://www.vcfed.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-49198.html