Hi,

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 10:37 PM Everaldo Bernardo Cunha
<arcanjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tramandaí - RS - Brasil, 20/08/2018.
>
> I'm trying configure the network on FreeDOS 1.2, but it's a problem I don't
> get to resolve!
> I have a PC All-In-One and the FreeDOS is installed in a pendrive. The system
> work, but
> I don't get to configure the driver from LAN, to access the conection with
> the Internet.
> I tryed via DHCP and manual, but ever it give message saying the driver isn't
> configured ....

You need a (supported!) packet driver for your specific hardware. It
has to be loaded in memory. Have you ever used FreeDOS with networking
before? Say, under a VM? At least under QEMU or VBox we have working
drivers, but for native hardware ... you're on your own (mostly)! It
"probably" isn't well-supported for most modern hardware (sadly). So
try under VM first, where it's known to (mostly) work well.

> Below, I put the information on my Lan Ethernet, by terminal Ubuntu:
>
> everaldo@pc-positivo:~$ sudo lspci -A intel-conf1
> 01:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188EE
> Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
> 02:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8411 PCI
> Express Card Reader (rev 01)
> 02:00.2 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
> RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 0a)
> ,<------------ Here my LAN
> everaldo@pc-positivo:~$

Check the RealTek website, but don't get your hopes up. Not a lot of
DOS packet drivers are still being written. Although RealTek does
still host some older ones on their website (e.g. RTSPKT), but it
depends on your specific hardware.

For instance, here's a link (from a very naive search), does this help?

*
http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&Langid=1&Level=5&PFid=5&PNid=13#3

You may also wish to try Georg's NICSCAN or Dave's PKTDRV collection:

* http://www.georgpotthast.de/sioux/packet.htm
* http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/dos/index.htm

The Crynwr collection is old and incomplete, but it's here:

* http://www.freedos.org/software/
*
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.2/repos/pkg-html/group-net.html
*
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.2/repos/pkg-html/crynwr.html

Oh, also make sure to skim the FD wiki:

* http://wiki.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/Networking_FreeDOS

> You can help me to do the configuration with to Internet?????

For networking, you may be forced to dual boot with a "lightweight"
Linux, e.g. Puppy. (Of course, that's not a problem for you if you're
already using Ubuntu. Try QEMU/KVM!)