Hi all,

included with FreeDOS <=1.2 there is my lzip 1.9 build from 2010. Seems
nobody has used it for the last 8 years, because nobody complained about
it to be broken. :-| It even failed `make check'. Sorry, my fault. :-(

Please update to lzip 1.20.

Note 1: This version doesn't include lziprecover anymore. I'm working on
a separate build. Shouldn't take too long.

Note 2: I also rebuilt lzip/lziprecover 1.9 with 2010 DJGPP tools. You
can grab it from <http://www.bttr-software.de/ports/#lzip>.

lzip
----

>From <https://www.nongnu.org/lzip/>:
"Lzip is a lossless data compressor with a user interface similar to the
one of gzip or bzip2. Lzip can compress about as fast as gzip (lzip -0),
or compress most files more than bzip2 (lzip -9). Decompression speed is
intermediate between gzip and bzip2. Lzip is better than gzip and bzip2
from a data recovery perspective.

The lzip file format is designed for data sharing and long-term
archiving, taking into account both data integrity and decoder
availability..."

My announcement at "DOS ain't dead":
<https://www.bttr-software.de/forum/board_entry.php?id=15740>

Cheers,