The is no described way to do what you want (or at least no that I know of). But is should be possible.

Windows is able to create DOS partitions and format them (FAT16 for FreeDOS). If Windows does not want to create the partition you need, there are several free partition utilites for Windows. The DOS tool SYS copies the bootloader, maybe it works in Win9.x/WinME from inside Windows? I dont know.

On the CD ISO there is the full set of packages. I think 7zip and tools like that support opening ISOs. The are a lot of zips - every program is a package. There is also a package installer program "FDIMPLES".

Unpacking all those zips by hand could be a pain, but with "proper tools" (make em all blue in explorer, right click, extract to..., all at once) it should not be that hard. Default installation path is C:\FREEDOS.

I just want you to ask, why are trying to do this? Are you having difficulties to boot that system from CD/Floppy? If you have problems booting a CD there are freedos boot floppies, as well as "PLOP Bootmanager". This one is on a floppy and allows to choose USB and CDROM. This works on a Pentium 133 board for me with a PCI-USB2 card.

Hope you find a solution,
Nils