On  8-01-19 21:13, Thomas Vetere wrote:
Hello FreeDOS community,

I have an old IBM Thinkpad 600e that I am trying to refurbish for fun.
With a Pentium 2 processor and 256 MB of RAM, I am considering using
FreeDOS. I would like for this computer to be able to connect to the
Internet via Wifi, but after browsing the FreeDOS wiki pages, I saw that
FreeDOS Wifi only supports WEP, which is now outdated and not safe. My
question is that will there be any plans to support something like WPA2
on FreeDOS? My other question relates to a Graphical Interface. I did
some research and found OpenGEM as the most popular graphical interface
to put over FreeDOS. However, the Thinkpad 600e supports 24-bit color
and OpenGEM is only 16-bit color. I was wondering if there were any more
sophisticated graphical interfaces for FreeDOS that are 24-bit color.

Thank you for your help and support!

One thing I use with OS/2 is an ethernet adapater and this little Wifi adapter.

https://www.tp-link.com/nl/products/details/cat-9_TL-WR802N.html

It can also be purchased in the US this model number.
The adapter connects to a wifi network and has a small DHCP server build in and you plug the ethernet cable in a PCMCIA network card. You can then access the network via WPA-2 connection.

Roderick Klein