Trying to use the Freedos 1.3 live cd to get a dos prompt and test formatting
floppies. My hardware is special.

I'm using a PICMG 1.0 passive backplane or more specifically the HPP 14S
backplane.

I'm using an EVOC FSC-1740VNA single board computer.

This SBC does not have an onboard floppy controller.

I'm using an ISA multi I/O card with a floppy controller, but note that the
EVOC is designed for a USB floppy.

The reason I'm trying to use a real floppy controller is that the usb floppy
support in Windows 9x is reportedly broken
and needs some patch. If anyone knows of this patch, please tell me.

I'm getting some sort of DMA overrun trying to format a floppy in freedos...

 -- Michael Robinson