> I'm working with an EVOC brand SBC on a PICMG 1.0 backplane.

> I have not been able to get floppy disk support in Freedos 1.3, period.

as far as I understand it, you have been working with MSDOS 6.x for
the last 25 years.

I recommend another 20 years.

the alternative would have been to

a) send the hardware to my home adress, with exact and complete
description of symptoms and wanted outcome, and ~5000USD attached. no
warranties, unfortunately.

> I know USB 1.1 isn't part of the DOS specification that freedos is
> targeting, but a USB floppy driver is needed since that is what this
> particular SBC offers.

> I'm wondering if freedos could be reasonably modified to support a USB floppy
> drive as A drive?

> Another thought, if building a USB device with a 34 pin floppy
> output for legacy 1.44 m floppy drives... Why not emulate a floppy drive if
> desired as well?
> I'm thinking a CF to usb adapter with a 34 pin floppy connector.

Yep. Sure. great idea, but not entirely new. IIRC that was ~5000 EUR
per adapter. in ~2007.

Tom