The kind folks at Ibiblio provide hosting at no cost.

Hosting content in the public interest is in Ibiblio's mandate. And there's
a history of Ibiblio hosting open source software. In the mid 1990s,
Ibiblio was called SUNSITE at UNC and was one of two key Linux software
repositories. The other was tsx11 at MIT. (That's at a time when "Linux
programs" were just Unix programs recompiled from source.)

When I announced FreeDOS, I reached out to SUNSITE and asked if they would
create a similar folder for FreeDOS stuff. They obliged, since it was
similar to Linux. But we didn't get a top level directory like /pub/Linux
which is why FreeDOS is located deep in /pub

Our hosting at SourceForge is also provided for free. SF provides our email
lists, bug tracker, wiki, and a few other things.

I pay for everything else out of pocket. Website hosting, bandwidth, etc.
Our traffic loads aren't when they once were (but still high, higher than
some Linux distros) so it's not too expensive. There's a Patreon or PayPal
if you want to contribute; that's also how I dedicate time away from
consulting to work on a few things (website update, wiki, bugs, other
stuff).

Jim