Hallo Herr userbeit...@abwesend.de,

am Freitag, 27. März 2020 um 21:07 schrieben Sie:

> I just read through
> http://wiki.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/Releases/1.3/Packages. In Section
> Utilities 4DOS is marked as "no not include" for FreeDOS 1.3.

> ?!?!?! I thought that 4DOS was specifically free to use with FreeDOS.
> Wasn't this the ONLY limitation of the license? Shouldn't it therefore
> be completely free in a FreeDOS distribution, for private and commerical
> use? Actually, this is the only way it was meant to be, wasn't it?

> https://www.4dos.info/sources.htm
> "The Software, or any portion of it, may not be compiled for use on any
> operating system OTHER than FreeDOS…"

unfortunately this is not compatible with GPL(any version).  and was initiated
this way by our leadership.

and as our leadership is trying to convert FreeDOS to be GPLDOS  this
makes 4DOS licensing incompatible with GPLDOS.

too bad, but that's life.

learn to live with it.

Tom