On 4/27/2020 10:48 AM, Mattia Limonta wrote:

Good evening.

I am a new user of the FreeDOS world, and I have a question. I would like to install FreeDOS 1.2 on an old PC that we have at work because we have to create a backup system for our 1987 IBM Personal System 2, currently running IBM PCDOS 3.30 OEM. We still have this machine because it’s attached to a metal analyzer that uses a software that exists only for PCDOS 3.30.

Does this type of software run on FreeDOS 1.2? Is it possibile to get the full compatibility?

Thanks!

There should be no problem running that kind of software on FreeDOS. The only thing where there might be some compatibility issues might be with the included memory managers, but those came into play only after DOS 3.30 came out, so you should  be perfectly fine.

Ralf